Post-doc and PhD positions on topics related to IoT, Communication Services, Social Networks: opening 2014:
The Service Architecture Lab (http://servicearchitecture.wp.imtbs-tsp.eu/) of Institut Telecom, Telecom SudParis invites applications for 1 post-doc and 2 PhD students (joint PhD Institut Telecom – Paris 6 University). All the positions are full time and fixed term for three years (PhD positions) or two years (post-doc position).
The institute is a telecommunications research and education centre, located in the South of Paris, France.
The positions will focus on the field of:
– On-line Social Networks. OSNs such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+ have irrupted in the society in the last few years becoming one of the most successful services within the Internet.
– Internet of Things and Internet of Services. The Internet of Things is one of the research topics in the Information and Communication Technology that will have a disruptive impact on our daily life in the future.
– Service webification. Social Communications have been driven by telephony and messaging for decades. With the rise of social networking and web 2.0 trends new communications modes are emerging and will take a significant part of the market in the near future.
Selected candidates will join a stimulating and collaborative environment. The laboratory will give each of its candidates the opportunity to experience working with a varied set of institutions, both in academia and industry through European projects.
– Recent master/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
– Research background in relevant communication and networking technologies.
– Talented individuals with strong motivation, team spirit.
– Excellent English skills are a prerequisite. French is not needed as English is the working language.
– For Post-doc (and preferably PhD students): track record of high-quality publications
– Good programming skills in major languages (C, C++, Java), in scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc) and knowledge of Databases can be a plus for the PhD positions.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV, cover letter, transcripts, most significant publications and references by sending an email to noel [dot] crespi [at] mines-telecom [dot] fr
CSC Scholarship opening: click here for details